Sign In  |  Register  |  About San Ramon  |  Contact Us

San Ramon, CA
December 18, 2018 12:23pm
7-Day Forecast | Traffic
  • Search Hotels in San Ramon

  • ROOMS:

Man And Neighbor Extinguish Dryer Fire Wednesday Evening

Submit A Story
Share |

A Petaluma man and his neighbor put out a fire that started in the laundry room of a residence Wednesday evening, a Petaluma fire captain said.

The fire in the one story, double-wide home at 717 N. McDowell Blvd. was reported around 6 p.m., Capt. Chad Costa said.

The man and his daughter were watching television when they heard a loud pop and saw the fire, Costa said. They evacuated the home and the man and his neighbor extinguished the fire with a garden hose.

The neighbor suffered minor smoke inhalation but did not require medical care, Costa said.

Petaluma firefighters confirmed the blaze was out and determined excessive lint caused the fire behind the dryer, Costa said. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The fire was confined to the laundry room but smoke damage made the residence uninhabitable. There were no smoke detectors in the residence, Costa said.

The man and his daughter left to stay with a friend, Costa said.

Crews from the Rancho Adobe Fire Department also responded to the blaze.
Recent Stories
» Itís a Scream: First Monte Vista Haunted School House Fundraiser
» Adams Safetyís San Ramon Training Center has Moved to a New Location
» Man Pleads Not Guilty To Stabbing, Killing Man Over Cigarette
» Organization Needs 3,000 Turkeys For Thanksgiving Dinners
» Vehicle Pursuit Leads To Discovery Of Drugs For Sale Thursday
» Man Shot In Leg In Apartment
» Firefighters Respond To 1-Alarm Structure Fire This Morning
» Police Investigating Home Burglary
» Friday Morning News Roundup
» Federal Prosecutors Collect $327M From Criminal, Civil Actions This Year
Copyright © 2010-2018 & California Media Partners, LLC. All rights reserved.